Leak and potato soup:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 225g/8oz potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium leeks,sliced
- 1.2 litres/2 pints vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
50mil double cream
1. Heat the oil or unsalted butter in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
2. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season well and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
3. Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth and add the cream when hot